Sunday, August 7, 2011

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.

So, I should start off with saying I'm a mascara junkie. Always have always will. I have tried just about every higher end brand, some not so much. I own more right now than most people should in their lifetime. I LOVE MASCARA. So I figured this is a no-brainer blog topic. I'm gonna review several over time, I won't bombard you right off the bat. So lets get this party started.
Smashbox-the brand we know is part of the Max Factor family. Two brothers, two passions, Max Factor was birthed. So, yes they've had a few in their day. But what I want to do is review what's on the shelves of our counters, Sephoras and Ultas now. This particular mascara came out closer to the beginning of the year. They have beautiful black and white images for their adverts. This mascara comes in an all black tube, the name written in white with a big fat X written in red. Simple but fun.
This paraben free, water based formula is rich and creamy, it stays put all day. The formula is infused with a bit o' olive oil and some waxes so your lashed stay silky smooth and don't crust off through out the day. The brush is dense, it spirals at an angle upwards which is great for that wiggle bump technique. I find rolling outwards from the base of the lash works nicely too. It gives great volume and the perfect amount of length. Oh I do find it's magical...
I have some important information for Dior: you have a rival for your Blackout. Full Exposure is black, like totally. Smashbox doesn't even talk about the richness of the color! Do you think they know? I can't be sure. Anyway, in summation, it is a beautiful mascara. But not all is well in mascara land...
I've got a few cons, not many albeit. I don't have sensitive eyes, but in the summer the sun, yes the sun, can make them water (nope, True Blood is not based off of my life, and I don't stare at the fireball in the sky). It happens. Normally, mascara runs just a bit, it's to be expected. I usually wear a little bit of the waterproof during the warmer seasons. But this one-ohhh this one burned my eye balls like none other. It ran and ran and ran. Obviously there is an ingredient that just doesn't agree with me, and I can't say whether it will happen to you. But I was pretty ticked. I like all it has to offer, but nope, no can do. I'll save you for a rainy day Full Exposure, given I have an umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment