Friday, April 15, 2011

Dior Airflash Foundation.

SO let's begin the review. Airflash has some pretty mixed reviews, has for a long time and probably always will. But let me clear a few things up in its defense. After, I'll get to the not so great parts. This product is airbrush type makeup. I liketo think if it as spray paint for the face. Airflash is water based but not oil free. Speaking as someone with extremely oily skin, it's pretty dang good. It's not greasy, in fact it's quite the opposite. Airflash has mother of pearl bits in it which help reflect light, making the skin look brighter, tighter and have an all around youthful radiance. It looks and feels like there is no makeup on my face. It has a nice glow which is great because I can never achieve the dewy finish. My pores are big and my face is greezy. Most makeup melts off my face and I really am not a fan of most mat finish foundations (just on myself).  
Now, I truly believe that the trick to this foundation is in the application. It is literally a spray can of foundation, so it may be difficult to get used to. You can spray it on directly and then buff it in. I find that it's messy that way. It will adhere to hair and clothing. The way I choose apply it is with a brush. I use the Sephora 55 HD brush (one of my FAVORITES). I spray it onto the brush directly and then work it into the skin. It works like a charm every time, and you aren't wasting foundation on your hair and clothing. You can also use a flat top brush, I don't recommend using the flat foundation brush with this product.
It's a sheer finish, slightly buildable.
The cons: It's a hefty $60. The can may only last a little over a month (depending on how you use it). That's a big financial investment for cosmetics, even as far as I'm concerned. It's can be messy and you'll have to maintain the can. The foundation can build up around the nozzle and either clog the can or make it spray all over the place in larger drops.
So if y'all got any questions, hit me up.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a spray can foundation. This was very interesting, thank you for posting.

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ______________________________
    http://pearlwhisk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete